5.5.10

Let's have a little fun....to-daay!! Elllllleeeennn....

Well been back for a week now from the Ellen show adventure, sorry a little late on the notes.

Our taping day started off with an AWESOME 2.5 hours tour of the Warner Bros. backlot. We got to sit on the Central Perk couches!! I got chills being in there! Also got to walk around the Chuck set....after meeting him last year and walking around his set this year I'm either 2 steps closer to him professing his love for me or a restraining order....either have equal likelyhood of coming to fruition.
Being the Ellen alumni we are we were FIRST and SECOND in line....no surprise. I'll spare you the long details of the show but we ultimatley came out with 2 of the following items: stoller, high chair/booter seat, diaper bag, organic baby bjorn, I love Ellen onesis, angora booties, personalized necklaces with your childs name and birthstone, bottles, sippy cups, pacifiers, burp clothes, swaddlers, bath tubs, videdo monitors, organic lotions and wipes and 6 month supply of Huggies!!

So after the taping we were told to stick around in our seats so they could explain to us how we were taking our stuff home.....yes taking it home!! This, for 2 women who were so proud all we brought were a small carry on bag each, were now responsible for taking almost everything home! After filling out some forms, collecting our vouchers for the 2 large items (strollers and high chairs) and flagging down a cab, we followed our scavenger hunt map thru the labrynth of parking garage lanes to the pick up center where they were to load our cars with the remaining prizes. My mom was convinced we'd never get it all packed in the lack of lugagge we had but poor thing she was with me....Jenn "I gets what I wants" Cruz....I make things happen. After a 30 minute game of luggage Tetris we were packed...2 VERY heavy and packed roller carry-ons to check and 2 large shopping bags for us to carry on. Thank goodness the high chair and stroller didn't have to come with us....but come to think of it, the stoller would have made lugging those heavy awkward shopping bags through the airport SO much easier.

It took us a few days to finally recover from the stress, excitement and travel and now we're looking forward to our shopping trip next weekend; onto furniture and strollers!! Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. That's exciting! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - You sure made out!! Yup and If I were there, maybe I would have been #3,4 in line.. lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it! So glad you & mama had a great time & what a way to celebrate mother's day! Whoo hoo!

    Let's make a date for you to come by in the next week or two, because Cami has lots of "girly" stuff she would love to pass down to her baby cousin Zoey! Email me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited for you when I was watching the show!! I saw you and your mom on it!! You totally made out, now the only question is...what exactly do you need for a baby shower?!

    ReplyDelete